Before you begin to Register your son or daughter, you will need the following items to complete their Registration:
1. Ensure you are registering in the Correct Association - Residency rules are very strict, if you have any questions about where you should register, please email: email@example.com;
2. Your Complete Address: (Rural properties will use complete Emergency number, Concession, etc.);
3. Proof of Birth: i.e.. Birth Certificate, Passport;
4. Credit Card: Payment is by credit card only, if you do not have a credit card, or would rather not use your own, a Visa gift card can be loaded and used for payment. Rep Fees will be paid online this season.
PLEASE NOTE, YOUR CHILD'S REGISTRATION CANNOT BE COMPLETED AND APPROVED UNTIL ALL ITEMS ARE COMPLETE.
The Ontario Lacrosse Association has now instituted a link for anyone who is unsure of where to Register their player. It is called "Where do I play"! Just cut and paste the link below, fill out the short form accordingly, and you will receive an email notifying you where your home centre is. https://ontariolacrosse.com/playing/where-do-i-play
HOUSE LEAGUE ONLY PLAYERS - No More Boundaries
Remember, if your child wishes to play House League only, you may proceed to register in any Centre, as there are no longer any residency restrictions for House League players.
However, if at anytime your son or daughter wishes to play Rep and you do not reside in the boundaries of Orangeville, you must return to your home centre to play.
Today the Ontario Lacrosse Association (OLA) will be launching the annual TRY Lacrosse registration option for all OLA clubs running free introductory winter/spring camp, clinic or skill programs targeted to retaining existing and recruiting new players to the game. The purpose of this free registration option is to allow OLA clubs to promote local, learn-to-play opportunities while ensuring all participants are properly registered and insured.
Under the TRY Lacrosse registration option, all registered participants and OLA clubs will not be charged any registration fees. The insurance coverage for the winter/spring period is provided by the OLA under the policies outlined in the 2021 OLA Return To Activity Guide. The TRY Lacrosse registration option and insurance runs from March 5th to June 1st, 2021.
All participants registered under the TRY Lacrosse program are auto-approved by the OLA. TRY Lacrosse registrations are restricted to: (1) new and returning players within your Public Health Unit (PHU) and (2) new and returning players from a Public Health Unit (PHU) in the same colour-coded Zone as your club. Clubs need to notify parents of these registration restrictions in their TRY Lacrosse communication to club members (along with the current PHU colour-coded Zone of your club). Under the RTA requirements, clubs will establish cohorts for participants.
Additionally, please note these participants will be considered properly registered in the TRY Lacrosse program exclusively, and not as OLA members for the purposes of 2021 RTA field or box lacrosse programs. Should they be interested in your club 2021 RTA field or box programs, they are required to register online, in those specific programs, on your club website. The TRY Lacrosse program will appear as a menu option in the SportzSoft registration software. Registrars need to activate the TRY Lacrosse product effective date as of today. Activating the program simply means all players interested in participating in your winter/spring camp, clinic or skill programs register using a link on your website.
All registrations must be paid in full in order to be processed (or they are just sitting in holding). You must be paid in full and processed in order to tryout for Rep Teams. Also, to take advantage of our Early Bird Rates you must be paid in full before the early bird deadline!
|Division||Year Born||Early Bird Fee ***||2021 Regular Fee||Rep Fees|
|Jr. Paperweight Box||2017 & 2018||- - -||TBD||TBD|
|Paperweight Box||2015 & 2016||- - -||TBD||TBD|
|Tyke Box||2013 & 2014||- - -||TBD||TBD|
|Novice Box||2011 & 2012||- - -||TBD||TBD|
|Peewee Box||2009 & 2010||- - -||TBD||TBD|
|Bantam Box||2007 & 2008||- - -||TBD||TBD|
|Midget Box||2005 & 2006||- - -||TBD||TBD|
|Intermediate Box||2000 - 2004||- - -||TBD||TBD|
|Boys Field U17||2005 - 2006||- - -||$75||N/A|
|Boys Field U15||2007 - 2008||- - -||$75||N/A|
|Boys Field U13||2009 - 2010||- - -||$75||N/A|
|Boys Field U11||2011 - 2012||- - -||$75||N/A|
|Boys Field U9||2013 - 2014||- - -||$75||N/A|
|Boys Field U7||2015 - 2016||- - -||$75||N/A|
|Northmen Girls Field||2015 - 2018||- - -||TBD||N/A|
|U9 Select||2013 - 2015||- - -||- - -|
|House League Girls Field ( U11)||2011 - 2014||- - -||TBD||N/A|
|Rep Girls Field (U11)||2011 - 2014||- - -||TBD||N/A|
|House League Girls Field (U13)||2009 - 2010||- - -||TBD||N/A|
|Rep Girls Field (U13)||2009 - 2010||- - -||TBD||N/A|
|Rep Girls Field (U15)||2007 - 2008||- - -||TBD||N/A|
|Rep Girls Field (U19)||2003 - 2006||- - -||TBD||N/A|
|Senior Women's Field||2000 & older||- - -||TBD||N/A|
**NEW ** Ontario Lacrosse Association (OLA) House League Residency Information!!!!
Hello Neighbour! New Residency Rules for House League
Children participating in house league lacrosse are able to register for any lacrosse centre of their choice, regardless of their residency. Therefore, we no longer require releases from neighbouring lacrosse centres if you are registered for house league.
*Players registered for Rep or Select teams are still required to request a player release from their home centre if they are not residing within the Orangeville boundaries for lacrosse.
If you have any questions, please email Alanna: Registrar@northmenlacrosse.ca
PAYING OUTSTANDING FEE'S
Anyone who has already registered online and would like to pay their outstanding fees...Please contact our registrar.
**Remember, All Players must be registered before they attend try-outs.
Early Bird pricing ends on the following dates:
Boys Field - TBD
Box - TBD
Girls Field - TBD
What are the ODMLA Benevolent Funds used for? Created to assist Northmen families during financial crisis, the ODMLA Benevolent Fund Monies are earned thru fundraising, such as the Toronto Rock ticket sales in March, and community donations. To apply for assistance, or to make a donation, please contact Kim Bovaird, Secretary, Oranageville Northmen.
Requesting a Release
Should you wish to request a release from Orangeville Minor Lacrosse for any or all of our programs (men’s field, women’s field, box house or box rep) please note the following:
1) Visit the following link http://ontariolacrosse.com/page/ola_forms and print of the form OLA Release Request Form – (box or field depending on what you require)
2) Fill out the form as instructed and email to Cara Burleigh firstname.lastname@example.org
3) The OMLA will acknowledge your request within 72 hours and provide information of the timing of their decision
4) If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us Kim @ email@example.com or Alanna @ firstname.lastname@example.org
1. A $20.00 fee will be charged for NSF cheques.
2. If you opt to withdraw from a program after registration - a $50 cancellation fee applies.
3. Full registration fee is returned due to program failing to be offered.
4. All other refund requests must be submitted to the Executive for review.
5. All families will be issues a receipt. Requesting more copies is subject to a $15.00 fee.
6. All new registrants are required to bring a copy of birth certificate to registration. Field and Box are considered different leagues and each require proof of birth. Mens Field and Womens Field registrations are online only.
7. There is a discount for families registering 3 or more players. The least expensive base program will be free. One free program per family only.
8. Box House League is offered in the following age groups; Jr. Paperweight, Paperweight,Tyke, Novice and Peewee.
10. Box Rep offered for the following age groups; Paperweight, Tyke, Novice, Peewee, Bantam, Midget & Intermediate.
11. Mens Field is Rep Only.
12. Womens field house league for girls age 4-12. Womens Rep field for U11, U13 U15, U19 and Senior
13. Refunds are not immediate but guaranteed by June 30, 2019.
***Register before these dates to take advantage of early bird rates: TBD